Townshend-Lamarre Family Foundation Innovative Research Award
These awards are designed to promote and partially fund new creative and high-risk, high-payoff projects that bridge cancer and engineering research for which conventional funding is not available.
Applicants must be members (full or associate) of the Rosalind and Morris Goodman Cancer Research Centre, Biomedical Engineering Department, or any another McGill Engineering discipline.
$20,000 for the period of a maximum of 12 months, or until alternative conventional funding is found or the original idea is proven untenable, whichever comes first.
Applications will be reviewed by an evaluation committee presided by Dr. Peter Siegel, and have one representative from each of:
McGill scientific community:
Goodman Cancer Research Centre,
How to Apply
1. Principal applicant must be from the Goodman Cancer Research Centre with a co-applicant who is a member of the Engineering Department (bioengineering, chemical, electrical, computer, etc).
2. Detailed budget must be presented.
3. The funds must be spent within the award period of 12 months.
4. Please note that, upon completion of their research project, successful applicants
a. will be asked to provide, in writing, a progress report 2 months following the end of the funding period (max 5 pages)
b. will be invited to form the evaluation committee in the year following their award
c. will not be eligible to apply for funding in the year following the end of the funding period
- Innovation of the proposal
- Project must have relevance to bioengineering aspects of cancer
- Feasibility of achieving goals within a 1-year time frame using provided funds
- Evidence of lack of appropriate alternate funds/grants to finance the proposed research
- Involvement of a collaborator from an engineering discipline
Submit a two page outline of the proposal, references, budget, timeline and half-page lay summary through the online application form. The proposal must have title page and the name of the investigators, title of the project and requested amount on top of each page of your proposal.
Only PDF format will be accepted.
Name your file: LastName FirstName AwardName YEAR
Applicants must also fill out the OSR check list for each Innovative Research Award application. Please refer to the McGill OSR check list at:http://www.mcgill.ca/research/sites/mcgill.ca.research/files/checklist_osr.pdf