The Cure Foundation Fellowship In Breast Cancer Research Award
CURE Foundation Fellowship in Breast Cancer Research, established in 2013, will be granted to an outstanding graduate student working on a breast cancer focused research project.
An application must be submitted by the competition deadline May 15th.
Status at the GCRC
Must be under the supervision of a scientist who is a full member of the Goodman Cancer Research Centre.
List of GCRC members.
Candidate must be a Graduate Student who is within the first year of their program at the GCRC.
$10,000 (supervisor will supplement salary to a recommended minimum of $20,000)
One year, no renewals.
How to Apply
Arrange for 2 - 3 reference letters to be sent electronically by your referees to email@example.com.
You must also enter the names and affiliations of your referees on the online application form.
The documents listed below must be submitted, in the following sequence, in a single PDF file.
Name your file: LastName FirstName AwardName YEAR
1. A Title Page that includes candidate's name, graduate status, current supervisor, and project title.
2. A detailed summary of candidate's proposed research project. The summary must be written by the candidate and should not exceed 2 pages (including references).
3. C.V. (including a list of publications)
4. A copy of academic transcripts.
5. Reprints/preprints of candidate's two most important papers, if applicable
Complete and submit the online application form by the competition deadline. Link to the online form
CV (past performance, scientific achievements and activities)
Letters of reference
Scientific excellence and reasoning
Experimental design and feasibility
Breast cancer relevance
Clarity of the research proposal
Insight into the future directions