Cedars Cancer Institute Fellowship
The Cedars Cancer Institute Fellowship will be granted to an outstanding graduate student who is working in the laboratory of a full member of the Goodman Cancer Research Centre and who is pursuing a research project in partnership with the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC). The award is based on merit and the recipient shall be known as the Cedars Cancer Institute Fellow at the Goodman Cancer Research Centre.
An application must be submitted by the competition deadline May 15th.
Status at the GCRC
Must be under the supervision of a scientist who is a full member of the Goodman Cancer Research Centre.
List of GCRC members
Candidate must be a Graduate Student at the GCRC
$20,000 per year plus a travel allowance of up to $2000 to attend an international meeting (oral presentation only).
One year, may be renewed
How to Apply
Arrange for 2 - 3 reference letters to be sent electronically by your referees to email@example.com.
You must also enter the names and affiliations of your referees on the online application form.
The documents listed below must be submitted, in the following sequence, in a single PDF file.
Name your file: LastName FirstName AwardName YEAR
1. A Title Page that includes candidate's name, graduate status, current supervisor, and project title.
2. A detailed summary of candidate's proposed research project. The summary must be written by the candidate and should not exceed 2 pages (including references).
3. C.V. (including a list of publications)
4. A copy of academic transcripts.
5. Reprints/preprints of candidate's two most important papers, if applicable
Complete and submit the online application form by the competition deadline. Link to the online form
CV (past performance, scientific achievements and activities)
Letters of reference
Scientific excellence and reasoning
Experimental design and feasibility
Evidence of collaborative research project with a member from MUHC-RI
Clarity of the research proposal
Insight into the future directions