Canderel Fellowship Award
The Canderel Graduate Studentship Awards are made possible by the ongoing efforts of Mr. Jonathan Wener, the founder and CEO of Canderel Inc., and the Défi Canderel annual fundraising event .
Canderel Awards are designed to help in the acquisition of excellent postdoctoral fellows who require salary support up to the timethat they can be supported by external agencies.
An application must be submitted by the competition deadline May 15th.
Status at the GCRC
Must be under the supervision of a scientist who is a full member of the Goodman Cancer Research Centre.
List of GCRC members.
Postdoctoral / Clinical Research Fellow in the first year of the program.
$20,000 (supervisor will supplement the salary to the recommended minimum of $36,750)
One year, no renewals
How to Apply
Arrange for 2 - 3 reference letters to be sent electronically by your referees to email@example.com.
You must also enter the names and affiliations of your referees on the online application form.
The documents listed below must be submitted, in the following sequence, in a single PDF file.
Name your file: LastName FirstName AwardName YEAR
1. A Title Page that includes candidate's name, graduate status, current supervisor, and project title.
2. A detailed summary of candidate's proposed research project. The summary must be written by the candidate and should not exceed 2 pages (including references).
3. C.V. (including a list of publications)
4. A copy of academic transcripts (not including undergraduate transcripts)
5. Reprints/preprints of candidate's two most important papers, if applicable
Complete and submit the online application form by the competition deadline. Link to the online form
CV (past performance, scientific achievements and activities)
Letters of reference
Scientific excellence and reasoning
Experimental design and feasibility
Clarity of the research proposal
Insight into the future directions